Gift CertificatesOrder a Gift Certificate - Note: You must create an account in order to purchase a gift certificate.
Have fun supporting your students with a hand drum!
- Are you looking for better ways to help your students keep a steady beat?
- Do you sometimes feel a little bored while your students are playing their pieces?
BenefitsStudent musicians who regularly play with others learn to:
• Share a common pulse.
• Start anywhere in a piece.
• Receive count-ins and cue others.
• Communicate with their bodies.
• Shrug off mistakes since everyone makes them.
• How to stay with the group despite mistakes.
Advantages for Teachers
• Save lesson time – No more searching for and twiddling with the metronome.
• Model musicality without so much “teacher talk.”
• Avoid burnout - It’s more fun to play along than just sitting there.
• Work on their own musicianship - It’s like sneaking in a little practice.
• Emphasize cadences and form - improvised fills and body language teach phrasing.